Monday 6 June 2016

Steph Curry: NBA & Golden State star will not compete at Rio 2016

Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors will not compete at the Rio Olympics.

The NBA's most valuable player Steph Curry has announced he will not compete for the USA at August's Rio Olympics.

American Curry, 28, has broken individual records in helping Golden State reach the NBA Finals.

The point guard says injuries picked up in the season contributed to his decision on Monday.

"My primary basketball-related objective this summer needs to focus on my body and getting ready for the 2016-17 NBA season," he said.

Curry's 18 points helped Golden State take a 2-0 lead over Cleveland on Sunday in the best-of-seven NBA Finals.

The Ohio-born player added: "My previous experiences with USA Basketball have been incredibly rewarding, educational and enjoyable, which made this an extremely difficult decision for me and my family.

"However, due to several factors - including recent ankle and knee injuries - I believe this is the best decision for me at this stage of my career."

Curry helped his franchise make NBA history with a record 73 wins in the regular season.

He also also became the first player to net more than 400 three-pointers in a regular season, finishing with 402.

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski is expected to name his 12-man squad for Rio in late June. The men's team have won five of the last six Olympic titles.

Emmylite

Author & Editor

I am a music lover, producer, critic, social media expert and also the editor and author @ My Search Lyrics. Working @ DBliss Media. Follow Me Twitter @Emmylite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Lyrics


Privacy Policy | Terms and Condition | Disclaimer | Contact Us

Copyrights © 2017 My Kranchar - Designed by DBliss Media Software Dept. In Collaboration With